Let’s admit it; those days were long gone when we had to rely on a file converter app to convert our photos, videos, and other file formats. Back in 2015, a file converter was the first thing we installed after installing the Windows operating system.
However, the latest versions of Windows, like Windows 10 and 11, are compatible with more file formats. We rarely install a file converter program today because the operating system handles all file types.
Even though the use of file converters is declining, they are still helpful & being used today. Despite Windows 11 handling all common file formats, you sometimes have to convert specific files for definite reasons.
In this article, we will discuss converting PNG files in Windows 11. Compared to JPG, or JPEG, the PNG file format is larger in size, and you may want to convert it before uploading it to the cloud storage. Converting PNG files to JPG is easy, especially on the Windows 11 operating system.
Convert PNG Files to JPG on Windows 11
Hence, if you are looking for free ways to convert PNG files to JPG in Windows 11, you have landed on the right page. Below, we have shared a step-by-step guide on converting PNG files to JPG in Windows. Let’s check out.
1) Convert PNG to JPG via Paint
On Windows 11, you can use the Paint or Paint 3D application to convert PNG images to JPG. Here are some of the simple steps you need to follow.
1. Right-click on the PNG file you want to convert and select Open With > Paint. You can also use the Paint 3D application.
2. When the app opens in the Paint or Paint 3D application, click on the File button in the top-left corner.
3. On the list of options that appear, select Save as > JPEG picture.
4. Now select the save location.
That’s it! This is how you can convert PNG files to JPG or JPEG on Windows 11 computer.
2) Convert PNG files to JPG via Photoscape
Well, Photoscape is a full-fledged photo editing tool for Windows operating system. The tool is less complicated than Photoshop, and it’s pretty lightweight. Here’s how to convert PNG files to JPG via Photoscape.
2. Once installed, right-click on the PNG file you want to convert and select Open With > Photoscape.
3. The PNG file will open in Photoscape. Click on the Save button in the bottom right corner.
4. On the Save prompt, click on the Save As button.
4. Select JPEG and click on the Save button on the Save as type.
That’s it! This will save your PNG image in JPG format.
3) Convert PNG files to JPG using Photoshop
Converting PNG files to JPG using Photoshop is pretty easy. So, if your PC has a Photoshop app installed, you can also use it to convert your PNG files to JPG. Here’s what you need to do.
1. Right-click on the PNG file you want to convert and select Open With > Photoshop.
2. The image will open in Photoshop. You need to click on the File menu at the top.
3. Select the Save for Web option from the list of options.
4. On the right, select ‘JPEG’, set the image quality, and click the Save button.
That’s it! This is how you can use Photoshop to convert PNG files into JPG in Windows 11.
4) Convert PNG files to JPG using PNG2JPG
PNG to JPG is an online image converter that can convert your PNG images to JPEG format. The good thing about the online converter is that it can convert your images without compromising their quality. Here’s how to use PNG2JPG online converter
1. First, open your favorite web browser and head to png2jpg.com.
2. On the main screen, click on the Upload files and select the PNG file you want to convert.
3. Once uploaded, wait until the tool converts your PNG file.
4. Once converted, click the Download button underneath your PNG image to download the converted file.
That’s it! You can use png2jpg to convert your PNG files for free. You can also use other online image converters to convert your PNG files to JPG.
Web-based image converters not only convert PNG to JPG; you can use them to convert WebP to JPG, JPG to PNG, and more.
So, these are the four best ways to convert PNG files to JPG in Windows 11. You can follow these methods to convert PNG files to JPG for free on your Windows 11 computer. If you know any other ways to convert PNG image files, let us know in the comments below.