Poker games have always been a player’s paradise, but with the integration of technology into poker games and its introduction to online casinos, poker games have become much more convenient to players. With the COVID pandemic disrupting everything, online poker games are developing in leaps and bounds with investors keen to invest in online games rather than visiting the offline casinos.
About Crypto Poker and Traditional Poker
Online crypto poker is nothing but the traditional offline poker game played over the internet with cryptocurrencies. Online poker games have brought in revolutionary changes in the way players perceive poker games, as a result of which the number of poker enthusiasts has increased exponentially.
Offline poker or the traditional poker on the other hand, is the traditional poker that is played in brick-and-mortar casinos located in disparate places.
How does Crypto Poker work?
Crypto poker works in the same way as traditional poker but instead of using fiat currencies, players need cryptocurrencies to play crypto poker. For that, players need to first acquire some crypto coins with which they want to play the poker game and then store them in a crypto wallet. Players can buy the crypto-coins from any reliable cryptocurrency exchange with fiat currencies. After acquiring crypto coins and storing them in a reliable crypto wallet, the next step is to find a reliable online casino that accepts cryptocurrencies to play poker. Players can register at any such online crypto poker casino and make the initial deposits in crypto after which the casino will unleash the poker games for the players to choose from.
Crypto Poker Vs Traditional Poker: Pros and Cons
The pros and cons of online crypto poker games are:
- When playing online poker games, the players don’t need to face each other, and so they can easily hide their emotions when they face a bad poker day, or they don’t have to face any criticism from other players that may affect their gameplay.
- Online poker rooms are convenient and are available 24 x 7. Players can easily access poker rooms at any time of the day from their desktops or mobiles.
- Lucrative signup bonuses are offered in online poker rooms for new players.
- Players can play for free at some casinos to know how the game is played before playing with real money.
- Online poker games are addictive as the games are available 24/7
- The feel of offline poker rooms is missing and players often get bored playing at one’s home.
Pros and cons of Traditional Poker
The pros and cons of traditional poker are:
- One can enjoy the feel of the real casinos while drinks are served as they continue playing
- Players get a chance to talk to each other and sometimes if a player is clever enough, he might come to know about the strategies others are implementing.
- Traveling to offline casinos is often a problem for players.
- Table limits and minimum bets are often high at offline casinos.
- Free play is not available.
Benefits of Crypto Poker
Some of the benefits of online crypto poker over and traditional poker are listed below:
- Crypto poker is much more convenient than traditional poker, because it can be played from any parts of the world on the computer or mobile. Whereas for playing at traditional poker rooms, players have to commute to these physical casinos to play offline poker.
- Online crypto poker sites accept cryptocurrencies that can be transferred almost instantaneously, whereas offline poker rooms only accept traditional payments in fiat currencies that require time for getting confirmation from banks.
- Online poker rooms offer provably fair games where there cannot be any game tampering, whereas at offline poker sites there are many negative reviews from players complaining about games tampering.
Benefits of Traditional Poker
- Traditional casinos give the feel of actual casinos where players can face each other.
- Traditional poker does not need any conversion from crypto to fiat as in crypto poker, and therefore players can get the exact amount they win.
Is Playing Crypto Poker Worthy?
Crypto poker games provide the advantages of anonymous cryptocurrency gambling yet in a secure way. No one would know anything about the gambling activities of the players if they play poker with crypto coins. Thus, crypto poker is worthy for those who want to play privately.
Thus, both online and offline poker have their set of pros and cons and it is up to the players what to choose. If they want to keep their poker activities secret, then choosing an online crypto-enabled poker room would always be a better choice. While on the other hand, if they want to enjoy the company of fellow players and don’t mind commuting to the physical poker rooms, offline casinos would serve their purpose.
Disclaimer: This is a guest post. Coinpedia does not endorse or is responsible for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, or other materials on this page. Readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company.