Kali Linux is a fantastic distro that is used primarily for digital forensics and penetration testing. Even if you’ve never used it before, you may well have seen it in movies and TV shows like Mr Robot. It comes with wide range of tools to help in investigations and incident responses.
Today the distro’s developer, Offensive Security, announces Kali Linux 2022.2, with new features and tools, as well as a number of impressive updates.
Highlights of the latest version of the popular open source pentesting platform include:
New tools in this release include:
- BruteShark — Network Forensic Analysis Tool (NFAT)
- Evil-WinRM — Ultimate WinRM shell
- Hakrawler — Web crawler designed for easy, quick discovery of endpoints and assets
- Httpx — Fast and multi-purpose HTTP toolkit
- LAPSDumper — Dumps LAPS passwords
- PhpSploit — Stealth post-exploitation framework
- PEDump — Dump Win32 executable files
- SentryPeer — SIP peer-to-peer honeypot for VoIP
- Sparrow-wifi — Graphical Wi-Fi Analyzer for Linux
- wifipumpkin3 — Powerful framework for rogue access points