This week in social media we review: Snapchat’s Curated Stories, hide replies on Twitter, Bran Stark, & more!
- Wired put out a report this week, detailing all that’s happened in those hallowed halls of Facebook since the Cambridge Analytica scandal. A long, but interesting and well-written read!
- Facebook is testing out a new format that combines the NewsFeed and Stories into one hybrid, mutation of a Feed.
- This week Facebook added new ways to post 3D photos, including the option to post them in Stories.
- One of the more interesting stories to come of Wired’s report is that Instagram founders left back in October due to struggles with Zuckerberg.
- Since premiering 14 IGTV shows since October, publisher, Meredith, has reached over 20 million views across all its videos.
- When sharing breaking news updates, publishers are turning to Snapchat’s Curated Stories tool.
- If you were near the Flatiron Building in NYC this week, you might’ve seen GoT dragon, Drogon, with HBO’s newest Snapchat Lens.
- The option to hide replies on Twitter conversations is coming in June.
- HBO wishes to be excluded from this narrative.
AR, VR, & AI
- If your target audience is millennial males, the way to catch their attention is with artificial intelligence.
- Looking to add mobile AR to your marketing strategy? These brands are doing it right.
- Looking for a way to manage all your privacy settings in one place? There’s an app for that!
- Facebook Reactions, but make it LinkedIn.
- Pinterest is shying away from the “social media” label.
- Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris caught fire this week, and this Twitter user caught the spire collapsing on video.
- Bran Stark creeping around Winterfell has become a great series of memes, but this one takes the cake in my book. (These links may contain spoilers. Click at your own risk.)
Happy Passover and Easter!