Buzzfeed, stop trying to make mergers happen. IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Originally published: December 2nd.
I know y’all have pre-holidays procrastination.
It’s okay! Happens to the best of us.
Just hustle your bustle so you can enjoy presents and together-time soon.
You know, because content is hard.
Now, this was laughed down. Of course. But it begs the question: How prepared are we all for the future really?
Do we have enough money in savings?
Are we ready to experiment with new moneymaking forms if we find out what we’re doing isn’t working?
Are we prepared to admit when we’re wrong?
This is going to be my big concept of 2019: Adaptability.
Because if you want something bad enough, you’re willing to shift up the path to get there.
Even if it means writing listicles to pay the bills. #noshamewhatsoever
THE BEST OF LAST WEEK:
- You may not think this matters, but it does: Tumblr is cutting all NSFW content.
- Moz follows up about SEO tactics you should use!
- The beginner’s guide to link building.
- Influencer marketing may actually suck.
- WordPress 5.0 dropped this week!
- Payless is trolling people.
- Meanwhile, Quora really fucked up.
- Email marketing samples for everyone, yaaaaay.
- Want to have a kid AND a business? Read this first.
- App store drama. Stay tuned.
This Week on Two Bosses Read:
Man’s Search for Meaning
Sarah’s reading this existential whopper of a book this week and telling us about it. Because I guess moving to South America JUST ISN’T ENOUGH.
Can’t wait? Get your own copy in the Black Bow Shop. Your purchases help support us.
- Experiential marketing sometimes means letting loose a shitload of balloons.
- Facebook is whining about Cambridge Analytica. Again.
- Getting into content? Cool! Have a plan.
- Stats: Brand politics and actual purchases.
- A new way to think about sacrificing for your career.
- Readable websites. You need one.
- You know who’s maybe chilling out? Nintendo.
- Dude on Pinterest exist!
- Time to tweak your morning routine.
- Though you really don’t want to be perfect.
Acorns (now with retirement options!)
Your favorite passive investing app now has retirement account options!!!
Can you tell I’m hyped?
Well, I am. Here’s why: Retirement accounts are freaking scary. Setting up the right thing for yourself, that will affect your entire livelihood years from now. And goodness knows you should have started saving *a decade ago.*
Acorns now has you covered. Schedule your passive cash to go straight in there, or set up Netflix-style payments every month (or even week).
Build your treasure — now for retirement too!